NordVPN offers a VPN service that allows its users to browse the web anonymously and securely. Below I will be giving out 280+ premium account
Their service is also good for streaming, accessing geo-blocked content and for torrenting/P2P.
Their large server network (5000+ servers) uses OpenVPN protocol and AES 256-bit encryption (with double data protection) which is the industry standard.
In this NordVPN review, I’ll test their server performance, privacy features and customer support while pointing out seven reasons why I recommend using this VPN software instead of a proxy or a free VPN.
Features of NordVPN
NordVPN is probably the most popular VPN provider who boldly claims to be The World’s Most Secure VPN.
But I’ve seen those claims before. So I bought NordVPN and decided to put it towards multiple tests. Here are the pros I found… Strong Features & Add-Ons
While being relatively cheap, they do provide some great features including:
- IP hiding: Yes
- Netflix access: Yes
- Torrenting/P2P: Allowed
- Access to their DoubleVPN servers which encrypts data twice
- Servers: 5000+ fast and secure servers in 60 countries
- Max. simultaneous connections: 6
Not only do they have applications for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, AndroidTV, Chrome & Firefox they have detailed tutorials for protocol connectivity for them and 40 other mobile OS, RaspberryPi’s and routers.
- Kill Switch: NordVPN software automatically kills your connection if your VPN connectivity is interrupted, blocking your device or terminating certain programs from accessing the internet.
- DNS Leak Protection: If you have set up your VPN connection manually (say you didn’t want to connect via OpenVPN) or have recently reset your Windows, you’re prone to DNS leaks. These DNS requests will then be completely unprotected. NordVPN have implemented measures to protect you and negate such leaks.
- Onion Over VPN: For extra protection, or those desiring to visit the dark web (TOR network), NordVPN offers you the ability to route your traffic first through their VPN and then send it to the Onion Router.
- SmartPlay: SmartPlay technology ensures you can access more than 400 geo-restricted streaming services; Netflix, Amazon Prime, Pandora, BBC, and others. With more and more VPN servers unable to access Netflix, this is a welcome feature.
OpenVPN (among other tunneling protocols)
OpenVPN comes with 256-AES-CBC with a 2048bit Diffie-Hellman key. I generally like to see DH over RSA, due to the former enabling Perfect Forward Secrecy. On iOS and MacOS clients, you’ll be encrypted via an IKEv2/IPsec protocol; AES-256-GCM and a 3072bit DH key,
In short, NordVPN has gone all out on security and has employed above industry standard encryption algorithms.
- DoubleData Protection
- Strict No Logging Policy
- Works Great for Torrenting and Netflix USA
- NordVPN Speed is Stable and Well Above Average
- No IP or DNS Leaks Found
- Located in Panama (Safe Jurisdiction, No Data Retention Law)
- Knowledgeable Customer Support via Live Chat
- Live Chat & Email
Download button available for members only! Register Here!